Participants learn tea making from leaf to cup.
Immersive Tea Tours with Nepal Tea Collective
Nepal Tea Collective, based in the US, offers a unique ten-day tour that allows visitors to experience Nepali tea gardens from various perspectives. They offer their guests a chance to peek into the trade secrets, meet amazing tea farmers and producers, and taste unlimited delicious teas directly from the organic gardens lapped on the Himalayan foothills. They offer immersive experiences such as an opportunity to make personal batches of premium orthodox tea under the guidance of an experienced tea master and drink as much tea as they like with new Nepali friends! Accompanied by the founder of the Nepal Tea Collective and their local team, they take their guests to visit four tea gardens and five cities and take home hundreds of memories for a lifetime.
- Participants will visit four smallholder tea gardens (Kanchanjangha Tea Estate and Research Center, La Mandala Specialty Tea, Baraha Tea Factory, and Jasbire Tea Processing Center) in Ilam with the founder of Nepal Tea Collective. Each visit will encourage a unique experiential perspective on the journey of Nepali loose-leaf tea through its community.
- Visitors will participate in hands-on activities covering the entire tea processing process for a single tea leaf, from plucking the tea leaves and processing to remaining productions with the local tea farmers and producers.
- Visitors can create their tea blend with a professional tea producer and take home a unique and personalized souvenir.
- In this 10-day Immersive tea tour, visitors will step foot first in Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal, known for its World Heritage Sites and proximity to the Himalayas.
- Guests will be accompanied by the founder of Nepal Tea Collective and their local team to experience Nepali culture through hidden local gems taking part in activities including visiting traditional Paubha masters, the oldest tea shop in the city, and numerous World Heritage Sites and temples.
- With an opportunity to experience local festivals and indulge in authentic Nepalese cuisine, including a personal home cooking session to learn how to make staples themselves, this tour will be a cultural whirlwind.
- The tour offers guests unfiltered one-on-one time with the passionate tea culture and community of Nepal
- The tour provides an insight into the Nepali way of living. Visitors will visit four smallholder farms and spend the night at the residential premises of the gardens.
- Dinners will be provided for and made from ingredients grown in the locals’ backyards, giving visitors an authentic Nepali cuisine taste.
- Visitors will have unforgettable interactions with the locals, including taking a tractor ride from the factory to the garden and hearing stories about the residential driver who has learned so much over the decades.
- Each day presents a unique opportunity to interact and connect with Nepali locals.
- The tea gardens that Nepal Tea Collective works with prioritize environmental sustainability.
- The carbon-negative factory and gardens that sequester carbon emissions are examples of the eco-friendly practices employed by these tea gardens.
- The tea tour adds a layer of appreciation and encouragement for Nepal’s traditional yet green and sustainable tea practices.
Traveling to the origin is an unforgettable experience for tea enthusiasts who respect the host community. Responsible tourism generates economic benefits for local people and an appreciation of village life in the tea lands. Tea Journey evaluates tourist destinations, including landmarks and museums, and promotes host gardens demonstrating a commitment to environmental sustainability and cultural engagement while providing hands-on experience in tea cultivation, production, and tea culture. – Dan Bolton
Higashi Sonogi, Japan | Kurseong, India | Pinglin, Taiwan