Arise and Chai Shortbread Cookies
Loaded with the enticing flavors of cinnamon, cardamom, and pink peppercorns, chef Shania Thomas-Floyd has created the perfect tea cookie. These buttery shortbread cookies use the unique blend of Rise and Chai tea from Conjure Tea to take ordinary butter cookies to the next level. You might want to make a double batch because these Chai shortbread cookies are so good you won't be able to stop yourself!
- 1 Stand mixer with paddle attachment
- 1 Baking tray
- Plastic wrap For chilling the dough
- 722 grams All Purpose Flour
- 222 grams sugar
- 500 grams butter room temperature
- 6 grams salt
- 20 grams Arise & Chai Tea (ground) or your favorite Chai tea
- In a stand mixer, paddle room-temperature butter, ground tea, and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- If necessary, add a small amount of water until the dough comes together.
- Chill dough for about 15 minutes before rolling it out until it is 1/4th an inch thick, and cut with whatever cookie cutter shape you desire.
- Bake at 325F for 12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.