The perfect afternoon tea scone!
Earl Grey Scones with Fresh Blueberries
Aromatic, flakey, and pillowy soft, Chef Shania Thomas-Floyd has created the ultimate scone. Bursting with fresh blueberries, these delicious scones perfectly balance the floral flavor of Earl Gery tea with bright citrus notes from lemon zest. Make your next afternoon tea party unforgettable with Chef Floyd's scrumptious scones.
- 1 Medium bowl
- 1 Baking tray
- 1 Food Processor
- 1 Container
- Plastic wrap For chilling the dough
- 500 grams All Purpose Flour
- 27 grams baking powder
- 12 grams salt
- 21 grams sugar
- 225 grams butter Cold
- 280 grams Buttermilk
- 60 grams heavy cream
- 400 grams Blueberries Fresh
- 2 Tbl Lemon Zest
- 2 Tbl Earl Grey Tea Ground
- 120 grams Powdered Sugar For Glaze
- Cut butter into small cubes and place into a bowl with flour, salt, sugar, ground Earl Grey tea, and baking powder. Place bowl into fridge until ready to use.
- Combine buttermilk and cream together and set in the fridge.
- Once ready to continue, pulse the butter and flour mixture in a food processor in small batches until the butter is pea-sized.
- In a large bowl, add your flour mix, fresh blueberries, and 1 tablespoon of lemon zest and create a well in the middle. Add about ⅓ of the cold buttermilk and cream mix. Fold together. Continue the process until the dough comes together. Be careful not to overmix or overhydrate dough.
- Chill dough until ready to roll and cut. Brush with heavy cream before baking. Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make Glaze: Mix together 1 Cup of powdered sugar and the remaining lemon zest with 5 tablespoons of hot water. Spoon over cooled scones and enjoy!